The majority of the population will at some time during their lives suffer from back pain. Now the intensity of this will vary from mild symptoms and discomfort to the excruciating and totally debilitating and also how we as individuals deal with this pain will vary too.
In this short article I aim to show you some of the treatments and things that you can do to help when pain strikes but more importantly i will also show you some steps that you can take to help to stop and problems from starting in the first place.
Prevention is better than cure!
When The Pain Hits Hard
The most important thing when the pain hits hard is to get some pain relief but also it is equally important to get a professional to diagnose the exact problem so that the appropriate treatment can be given.
We find the best professionals to visit at this time are Chiropractors and Osteopaths. These are very highly trained Dr’s in their own fields and are very skilled at not only getting to the heart of the problem but also in knowing exactly what the best course of action will be to sort it out as quickly as possible.
Also good to visit are your Dr or Physiotherapist or even an Orthopedic Dr.
But remember …… always get a professional diagnosis!
it is very likely that you will be prescribed some form of back pain relief medication as well as being given some sort of manipulation and/or exercises to do. Other suggests that you find the best massage table for your own home since it really works the best!
What To Do To Prevent It In The First Place
Looking after ourselves should be something we all take a more active part in we should all learn to be proactive rather than reactive.
- Take a good look at your posture! How do you stand and are you straight or are your shoulders hunched?
- Do some regular exercise to keep your muscles strong and supportive and your spine healthy and flexible
- Get regular massage/Reflexology to keep your muscles and whole system well balanced. Massage is especially important to keep the muscles free from tension knots
- Taking supplements such as Glucosamine/Chondroitin and fish oils.
- Make sure that you eat a good healthy balanced diet so that your body is getting the fuel necessary to run efficiently and to make sure that you are getting enough of all the essential nutrients you need
- Make sure that when you are sitting that your chair is well designed to give your back the support it needs
- Make sure that your bed is the best you can possibly afford to have.
Best Back Pain Relief Beds
Looking after your back should be one of the most important things you do – but as with a lot of things in life – looking after your back often only starts once you have a problem!
Hands up if you actually take an active role in looking after your back to keep it in good working order ……
Quite honestly back pain prevention should be far more upper in our minds than back pain relief. We all know that adjustable beds really are not only the most comfortable beds in the world but they are also the most supportive beds in the world.
The beds adjust in the five key areas that need custom support. The head, neck, spine, hips and knees. All of these are key areas in needing support and this is not just as we are getting older. Not only that they make getting into and out of bed far easier which is a great help if you are getting older and also if you have got a back problem that affects your mobility.
By the time we are suffering from chronic back pain, joints aching, arthritis, rheumatism etc. the damage has been done. It should be a priority that we look after ourselves whilst we are in a state of good health so that maintaining this state is that much easier.
Back pain relief should be a way of life so that we never get back pain in the first place – it needs to be something we practice every day to ensure that we are able to enjoy life without complications.